HOW FLEET TRACKING CAN HELP IMPROVE FLEET OPTIMISATION
By continually monitoring every vehicle’s location, a fleet management system provides multiple data points to improve vehicle routing, including vehicle stops, mileage, individual driving patterns and other important management data.
To route vehicles more efficiently, you can:
- View a near real-time comprehensive map of all current vehicle locations and their status
- Use the closest-vehicle function to specify an address and locate the closest vehicle
- Route a specific vehicle to the next job
- Review up to a full year of vehicle location history online
- Track weekly mileage
- Monitor mileage trends with various easy-to-run reports
REDUCED FUEL COSTS
Fleet management software lets you stay on top of operational aspects that impact efficient fuel consumption. This includes: Speeding, Idling, Fuel monitoring.
PROMOTE SECURITY AND SAFETY
Keeping tabs on how every driver operates every vehicle and knowing each vehicle’s condition before it hits the road can be a daunting task. Vehicle tracking can help managers understand where issues exist and where improvements can be made toward achieving safety standards that support fleet optimisation.
SOME HELPFUL FEATURES INCLUDE:
- FIELD SERVICE SCHEDULING: Fully-integrated, intelligent and simple scheduling and dispatching will help you overcome inefficiencies to improve worker productivity.
- ASSET MANAGEMENT AND UTILISATION: Asset-tracking hardware lets you easily monitor and track equipment in order to know the exact location and usage at all times.
- VEHICLE USAGE DATA: Easily analyse annual vehicle utilisation by model and year to reveal whether older vehicles are used inefficiently and are candidates for elimination to reduce overall fleet size. Optimising fleet size helps you manage a leaner, more efficient fleet.
- JOB HISTORY: Know where vehicles have been, when they arrived and how long they stayed.